Sunday, February 1, 2009

1,440 minutes


I have decided to do this 365 project that is becoming so popular. Why, I really don't know, on a random whim I decided what the hey, how many times is a year going to include school, life and birth of your first child. My husband says I'll never finish it, he's probably right.

Anyway, these are my fish. Forgive me if the pictures aren't very good, taking pictures of the fish was very difficult. First, the reflection the glass causes, second taking pictures through moving water makes it hard to focus, third the fish can move very fast, it's hard to catch them in the frame, and fourth the tetra's little neon blue line is reflective. From the top left around we have the betta, the sucker fish, a neon tetra, technically I have 5 of them but it was a pain to take a picture of them, then my guppies, one yellow and one orange, and last my betta, again in all the glory of his territorial anger.

My fish are my babies, and they can entertain me for hours. They were a gift from my husband that spoils me. Oddly, only one fish is named. You would think if you were going to name a fish, that you would name one of the ones that is one-of-a-kind and stands out easy. But no, I named one of the tetras, the biggest girl is Taylor. Taylor is my oldest fish and one of the original fish. She is not the tetra pictured, that's one of the new young ones. Funnily enough, my favorite fish is probably the sucker fish. I fought so long against getting a sucker fish, because I didn't want one of the big, ugly ones that was going to scare the little fish. But I found one that stays little and cute. I like him for two reasons, one he actually does somethinig since he has to work for his food, second I feel bad for him for that, the other fish just get to sit around and look pretty, and he has to work. So that's my fish and day 1.

2 comments:

Vonney said...

Cute story and cute fish! Glad your doing project 365! Your such a cutie!!!!

Lois Lane said...

I'm excited to read about your daily life!